Ways to design your life
Well I have always considered myself skilled at planning and implementing. I remember even as a child I gave everything a lot of thought before I took action and as a result I mostly got what I set out to achieve, but it didn’t seem to make me happy. Interestingly enough I always surrounded myself with friends that took chances, did what they wanted, and they did not necessary get what they wanted either.
Now, many years and challenges later I have realised that, by applying my planning skills to what I truly want, rather than towards what I think I should want, I willingly take chances to pursue what is really important to me.
Here are some practices that support me in creating and designing a life that works for me:
- Establish strong boundaries to protect the soul – when you set boundaries, you are communicating clearly what is ok for you and what it is not, it is not about setting boundaries for other people
- Raise your standards to reflect who you are – be true to yourself, act your best version of who you are, not what somebody else says you should be
- Restore your integrity, know what is important to you – when you focus on what is important to you, you have more energy to act upon it because you don’t spend energy justifying, explaining, resisting, or arguing
- Make self care a priority – self care is not about being selfish, it is about replenishing and maintaining yourself to a high degree so you can be the best version of yourself, it is just like maintaining your car, your home etc
- Go for quality versus quantity – choose action that enhances the quality of what you do, what you have, what you give, it has more impact
- Create 10 daily habits that restore you to who you are – these are not what you “should” do, these are part of self care so you can be restored to your best
When you are clear on what works for you and what doesn’t you are better able to create a life that best contributes to your wellbeing and the wellbeing of people that are important to you.
Would you like to work with me on designing your life, Contact Me